Friday, November 19, 2010

Canvas on Demand, Really Nice!

I recently tried Canvas on Demand, and printed one of my favorite deer shots on canvas, mounted on 1.5 inch stretcher bars.  The results really look nice.  I selected the 16 x 20 inch format (finished size).  Since I wanted the canvas wrapped - and I wanted to see the print on the edges, I cropped the shot to a size of 19.25 x 23.25 inches (per their instructions) and I used a 300dpi resolution.  The original shot is a bit soft, it was snowing, so I though the canvas media would really make this come to life, and wow, it did.  (I'm not sure that a really super sharp focused photo would end us as sharp on canvas, so you might want to experiment before doing a large expensive piece)  This is the shot that I used (it's not a photo of the final canvas product):

1 comment:

  1. John,

    I really appreciated your post about Canvas on Demand. They just hired one of the most amazing professionals I"ve ever worked among Mike Keyes. Mike is thrilled to be working for such an amazing company. I was lucky enough to have a tour and i even met Tom one of the owners.

    I"m glad your experience was so positive.

    Sincerely,

    Lisa Fields

    ReplyDelete