Friday, August 7, 2009

High-School Band Camp

Usually, I shoot nature, wildlife, landscape scenery subjects, but I've also been helping our high-school band program with still and video photography. Shooting people, especially teenage kids, is a lot different than my normal material.

I've tried to make sure that my shots are fun, and tell the story of their events, and provide a time-line from the beginning of each year through the development of skills and performances to the end of their year. I hope I've earned their trust, in that I don't shoot stuff that they would not be happy with. All shots are kept on a semi private site for the students and their families.

This week, a two day band-camp was held, and I had fun shooting the event again for them. Good luck to the Waukesha South High School Band kids and their staff as they begin the journey again.

No comments:

Post a Comment