Thursday, September 3, 2009

ShiftN - Free Perspective Correction

I'm sure there are other ways to address Perspective Corrections, but I found ShiftN, a free (for personal or commercial) use tool. Pictures taken with a wide angle lens, sometimes get a bowed effect that can look funny, especially when objects in the shot make it obvious that your wide angle lens did a number on the perspective. A week or so ago, I took some shots for a work-related function at the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The shots were for business reasons so I'm not showing those, but here's one of the "Hill-Climber" that is outside of the museum.



This was shot with a Canon 40D using a Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM, at at focal length of 23mm. The flag pole in the actual shot was pretty bowed. ShiftN helped me correct that. The background buildings aren't perfect, but this is better than the original.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip. I was looking for a free perspective correction software for people who needs an easy way to do this things. This one is very helpful!

    ReplyDelete